15 November 2010

Prada AW 2009



I've had two days off work in a row this week which is something of a rare occurance. What do I do with two whole days off ? When I'm not watching Nevermind the Buzzcocks, the answer is sit around on Vogue.com and Style.com. Of course.

I find that this collection had a very divided opinion, people either loved it or hated it. With much reason too, because really, who thought that caveman fur was a good idea? After going back and looking at old Prada runway shows, I suddenly decided that I very much liked AW2009.
Maybe it's the heavy wools, the gladiator dresses or thigh-high wading boots (nevermind, It definitely is the thigh-high wading boots) but I just want wear all of it (no caveman fur though). Maybe it's the cold weather playing tricks on my brain, it gravitates towards anything that resembles warm.

Anytime I look at a new Prada/Miu Miu collection, I tend to wonder what the hell Miuccia was thinking and forget about it. A lot of it is ugly, if the label wasn't on the clothing most people would put it right back on the rack and scoff. But something always has me looking back and appreciating it a year or two later. Surely I can't be the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...