2 October 2010

Yohji Yamamoto SS 2011



HANDS DOWN FAVOURITE COLLECTION OF THE SEASON. MOTHERFUCKIN' RIGHT HERE.

During Fashion Week I decided to go to the Museum at FIT because they had an exhibit on Japanese Fashion (Japan Fashion Now) going on and how it has evolved from the 1980s. Upon entering I saw it was a room (2 rooms?) full of vintage Issey Miyake, Rei Kawakubo, Junya Watanabe and my bro right here Yohji. What more could anyone ever want in life? I walked out with even more love for Japanese clothing and it's (not always) simplicity and perfect draping.

Back to the collection, for someone who has lived in Doc Martens since the age of 6 I feel a lot better about my choice of footwear having seen the runway photos.
Nothing screams spring like black drapey shit on more black drapey shit. The seasonal transition may be difficult for some but for me I just layer lighter black drapey fabrics instead of heavy ones. Simple as.
I'm not even going to try and form sentences that depict how I feel right now so I'll just leave you guys with these words; amazing, marvelous, fantastic, astounding, wondrous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...